At Longton Primary School, in line with our curriculum intent, we have developed a foundation subject tracking system. It will capture our ongoing assessments of each child showing us how well our curriculum is being implemented as well as how our children are progressing through the curriculum and the impact it has on their learning. It will enable teachers to plan subsequent learning opportunities so that individual needs are met and children can make progress towards the end of year expectations. Judgements relating to end of year expectations will be made at the end of the academic year and shared with parents.
We assess children's progress and attainment in Art through four main strands:
- Production of creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences.
- Knowlege of great artists,craft makers and designers and understanding of the historical and cultural development of their art forms.
- Proficiency in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques.
- Evaluating and analysing creative works using the language of art, craft and design.
We assess children's progress and attainment in DT through five main strands:
- Technical knowledge
- Cooking and nutrition
Through continual formative assessment, teachers plan next steps for learners.
Progress and attainment in Art and DT is recorded termly using our foundation subjects tracker. Attainment is recorded as:
- BYG - below current year group
- E - emerging within current year group
- D - developing within current year group
- S - secure within current year group (met the expected standard)
- GDS - working at greater depth (exceeding the expected standard
Please see the progression documents for further details on how we plan next steps for our learners in Art.
Please download the PDF to read about progression in DT.